A California university’s decision to put a limit on the number of American citizens it enrolls — while placing no such restrictions on illegal immigrants who want to attend the school — is drawing sharp criticism from education activists.
The regents in the University of California system recently instituted Regents Policy 2109 in response to state lawmakers threatening to withhold from the university system nearly $20 million if school officials didn’t cap the number of out-of-state American students. The university’s response to the state government’s threat was to limit the percentage of out-of-state American students in the student body to 18 percent on most campuses.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
- Contractors change, accidents keep happening
- Another Fire at LANL but Not a Fire Just Flames
- Employee opinion
- More on how Moniz viewed the safety culture at LAN...
- APS summary of some of the recent LANL screwups an...
- Improper LANL shipment involved Plutonium
- And so it begins.
- Rumor has it...
- Blog appearance
- Anthem to stop selling Obamacare plans in Wisconsi...
- U.S. regulators to investigate after Los Alamos la...
- The Labor Department loosens a rule on beryllium e...
- LLNL & LANL pensions
- LANL safety record topic of senate hearing for Per...
- The good, the bad and the uglyyy!
- University of California Favoring Illegal Immigran...
- McMillan known to Secretary Moniz for his hubris
- LANL inability to address safety issues
- Nuclear lab shutdown endangers US arsenal
- llnlthetruestory welcomes Evil Echo
- LANL and waste containers
- Is it true?
- Bad Etiquette
- What some people think of blog
- Leakers inside NSA, is the background check proces...
- Less LEP work for LLNL
- How long will the LANL transition be delayed by th...
- Only a matter of time before something major happe...
- "Charliecloud" has arrived!!
- LANS cares?
- NEVADA under protest
- Opinions on blog monetizing
- ▼ June (32)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)