LANL Leadership reviews are harsh
LANS 2014 performance evaluation review is now posted in full
During the performance period, the Laboratory was operationally, reputationally, and financially impacted by several issues. Deficiencies in regulatory compliance and in the physical management of transuranic waste streams contributed to or resulted in the closure of the only waste repository serving the Department of Energy. The impacts include the diversion of key staff from mission work, huge financial costs to the Department of Energy that are still accumulating, failure to meet environmental commitments made to the State of New Mexico, damage to an important relationship with a key state regulatory body, broad adverse economic impacts associated with the suspension of normal operations at the Waste Isolation Pilot Project, and a degredation of public confidence in the conduct of nuclear and high hazard operations at the Laboratory.
Throughout the performance period, nuclear operations were suspended at most plutonium-related production and research facilities at the Laboratory. NNSA appreciates the Laboratory’s 2013 decision to cease operations to address longstanding, documented concerns with Criticality Safety and Formality of Operations, but the Laboratory’s application of resources for re-starting resulted in a performance year in which the workforce and facilities did not significantly contribute to productive programmatic use.
During the performance year, there were instances of ethical lapses involving senior Laboratory staff, as was the case in the previous performance year. The Laboratory continued to experience challenges in construction management and in deploying and exercising best industry practices to promote construction management success, including the Earned Value Management System. While there were significant accomplishments during the reporting period, the impact and gravity of documented shortcomings overwhelm those accomplishments and reflect a negative trend in leadership performance; constituting performance that is below expectations.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
- ► 2017 (147)
- ► 2016 (295)
- Los Alamos National Lab Failed to Protect Classifi...
- State: LANL, WIPP will face steeper fines
- Disgruntled scientist
- Goldstein and his whip
- Dear Scooby
- Wrong doings by LANLs Classification Officer
- LANL Vents Toxic Ground Vapors, Raising Air Qualit...
- Did the culture of reprisal at LANSLLNS contribute...
- NEW EEOICPA SPECIAL EXPOSURE COHORT PETITION QUALI...
- So how does it go down from here?
- Los Alamos has highest fraction of millionaires in...
- Are LANL retirees being forced onto Obamacare?
- Value of NNSA Field Offices at LANL and LLNL?
- LANS 2014 performance evaluation review is now pos...
- Rebranding the nuclear weapons complex won't refor...
- retirement incentive" in FY2016 at LLNL?
- Bob and Jennifer
- 2014 fellows of the American Physical Society
- NNSA head warns of budget cuts
- LLNL in 30-60 months
- LANL leadership merits harsh evaluation
- Miller, Albright, and Goldstein
- Disgruntled males
- POGO's take on LANL contract
- DOE trying to weasel out.
- 3 top managers
- Who is the most-hated man in the WC?
- Career FTE attractiveness to LLNS Programs with a ...
- Good thing we split out!
- LLNS Staff Relations
- RIF question
- LANS makes the #1 slot for the company with the wo...
- More on the return of Tyler Pryzbylek
- DOE and NNSA now believe BOTH weapons labs need a ...
- The difference in performance between LANL and LLN...
- The return of Tyler Pryzbylek
- Will NNSA repeat mistake?
- Former Employee Files Suit Against LANS, Co-worker...
- Will the loss in LANS contract affect LLNS's?
- LANS lost a year earned earlier
- ▼ January (41)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)