Classified data in the Jianyu Huang fraud case?
Roughly one year
ago, Jianyu Huang, a former employee of Sandia National Labs was charged
with multiple counts of federal contract fraud allegedly committed
during his employment by Sandia. The Albuquerque Journal reported on
June 6, 2012:
“The indictment says Huang on five separate
occasions between January 2009 and this February sold at least $25,000
worth of “equipment, materials, the time and work product of (Sandia)
staff, and intangible property, including the right to determine what
work is performed at (Sandia,) and Sandia’s proprietary interest in
intellectual property developed” at the labs.”
“The sixth count
in the indictment alleges Huang lied to a Sandia counterintelligence
officer, whom he told he would not take a lab-owned laptop computer with
him on a trip to China last July. The indictment says Huang took the
Sandia laptop on that trip.”
reported on June 5, 2012 that: “He did not have access to classified
national security information, Sandia National Labs said.”
on May 15, 2013, the Assistant U.S. attorney, Jonathon M. Gerson, filed
a “Motion for entry of stipulated protective order” that states:
case involves “Restricted Data,” “Formerly Restricted Data,” and other
information that has been classified in the interest of the national
security and subject to the provisions of CIPA.”
Data” and “Formerly Restricted Data” are specific to classified
information about atomic weapons.
So what is going on?
could the trial of a person without “access to classified national
security information” involve “Restricted Data” and “Formerly Restricted
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Comments not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog authors serve as moderators. For new topics or suggestions, email email@example.com
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- ► 2017 (252)
- ► 2016 (295)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- Developers pitch ideas for 78 acres of Livermore V...
- Poor Employee Relations
- Downside of having a Union at LLNS.
- Not classified and hasn't produced a Thing
- LLNL, LLNS benefits compared to other DOE
- Why LLNL THE TRUE STORY exist.
- More defense cuts on the way
- Throwing money at nukes
- Defined benefit retirement plans are relics of a b...
- Budget question
- Any regrets?
- UPF's cost may soar above $11B
- Beam us up NIF!
- Livermore Valley Open Campus
- Andrews vs. Lawrence Livermore National Security L...
- Search for a Sandia director
- Furlough rumours
- Feds: 3 scientists conspired to take Chinese bribe...
- Classified data in the Jianyu Huang fraud case?
- Is NIF trying to catch a greased pig at the Rodeo?...
- SSVSP RSVP
- Don Cook named acting NNSA administrator
- Feinstein and NIF... Kiss of Death!!!
- LLNS/Sandia merger?
- How does UC medical cost affect LLNS medical cost
- NIF in danger
- Nuclear Energy Industry Congratulates Moniz on Con...
- Managers who ran that illegal lay off should be fi...
- Does anyone have a link for the LLNS latest employ...
- Waste of money
- Age discrimination suit: it is only the beginning!...
- New NNSA office to plan budgets
- GAO Releases More Details on Contested Y-12/Pantex...
- Plutonium Shots on NIF.
- Moniz alternates
- Moniz soon to be confirmed
- The potential and pitfalls of societal verificatio...
- Age discrimination law suit in favor of plaintiffs...
- Where are the bikes?
- Seeking advice
- Hey LANL and Sandia!
- U.S. Nuclear Warheads Set to Get a Facelift
- VSIP in the news
- All-hands wednesday
- NNSA Hearing Prepared Statements to Rip Apart
- Anastasio For NNSA Panel
- Bloomberg Article on NIF
- Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act ...
- Accused Chinese spy charged with downloading porn,...
- Russia builds up nuclear forces as US builds down....
- Who is LLNS, and who controls it?
- NIF shifts priorities
- Atherton in, Moses out
- ▼ May (53)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)