What?!?!? OMG! Really hope this is a case of fake news. This guy has zero qualifications to run DOE. Zero technical, scientific, engineering... let alone nuclear weapons or military background. Hell, even worthless Hazel O'Leary came out of the energy utility sector.
Ray Washburne is top candidate for energy secretary
December 7, 2016
Ray Washburne, a member of President-elect Donald Trump’s finance team and former finance director for Chris Christie, is a top candidate for Mr. Trump’s energy secretary.
Washburne was vice chairman of the Trump Victory Committee during the general election and was a former finance chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC). He lives in Dallas and runs an investment company and owns a chain of Mexican restaurants.
Washburne, significantly, is the only member of Christie’s team that moved into the Trump campaign or transition to have survived the purge. Everyone else has been moved out.
Washburne was an early and eager fundraiser for Mr. Trump after Christie endorsed Trump and offered assistance to Steve Mnuchin, now the treasury secretary nominee, when he began work as Mr. Trump’s finance chairman. Washburne has close relationships with other big Trump fund-raisers, including Woody Johnson and Tom Barrack.
Washburne and Trump have met frequently and Trump offered praise for Washburne this morning at his New York fund raiser - both back stage to top donors and during his remarks.
No final decision has been made on Washburne but three sources directly involved in transition deliberations said Washburne is under serious consideration and could be named in the coming days.
This BLOG is for LLNL present and past employees, friends of LLNL and anyone impacted by the privatization of the Lab to express their opinions and expose the waste, wrongdoing and any kind of injustice against employees and taxpayers by LLNS/DOE/NNSA. The opinions stated are personal opinions. Therefore, The BLOG author may or may not agree with them before making the decision to post them. Opinions not conforming to BLOG rules are deleted. Blog author serves as a moderator. For new topics or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, December 8, 2016
- Happy new year labbies!
- All eyes will be on the new manager of Sandia Labs...
- WIPP to open
- Starting to look like Leidos has won
- New nuclear arms race
- Ex-Lawrence Livermore Lab scientist sentenced to p...
- Nuclear pledge
- Word "Limited " removed
- Nuclear weapons settlements
- Still NOT prepared to win.
- Job opening
- Opinion on Obama
- When is the announcement?
- Top scientist fired
- Former LANL manager sues lab for wrongful terminat...
- Swalwell protests transition questions to energy l...
- New SNL leaders names
- Climate change
- NOT prepared to win!
- LANL needs university
- SNL leadership team
- Universities out
- Lockheed Out at Sandia
- Sandia gets NTESS
- What it’s like to work at the US Department of Ene...
- Trump and Lab contract change
- Is the current administration setting DOE up for f...
- DOE refuses Presidential transition request
- American Physical Society decides it is appropriat...
- Donald Trump chooses Rick Perry to be energy secre...
- President-elect has plans to cut regulation, boost...
- To Russia with Love....
- NNSA in last 8 years
- Trump's 74 questions sent to DOE:
- $325.5 million needed by WIPP in FY17
- Trump transition team seeks details on Energy Dept...
- Transition Team Questions Energy Employees
- Done deal
- NNSA Labs scores
- 401k performance since Nov 8th
- Ray Washburne is top candidate for energy secretar...
- Protect illegal students
- Leaked audio reveals additional lewd comments from...
- ▼ December (47)
- ► 2015 (330)
- ► 2014 (309)
- ► 2013 (431)
- ► 2012 (258)
- ► 2011 (162)
- ► 2010 (157)
- ► 2009 (231)
- ► 2008 (374)